Welcome to Breakthrough Ministries!
Since 2009, Breakthrough Ministries has been bringing the good news of Christ to the least, the last and the left out. Our primary ministry location is currently in Minneapolis, but our ministry has touched lives throughout the Twin Cities and beyond.
We love to bring people alongside us who have a passion to build relationship, pray and offer encouragement to others. A great way to get involved is to sign up for a Tuesday night street/shelter outreach or our Sunday evening dinner and worship service.
With warmer weather on the way, it’s a great time to plan an outreach event for a specific people group or neighborhood. If your small group, missional community or church would like to do an outreach, let us know! We can help!
Breakthrough Ministries exists to bring Glory to God through his Son Jesus Christ by the power of the Holy Spirit.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
What We Believe:
- The Bible. We believe that the Holy Bible is God’s Word, without error in the original manuscripts, and our final authority in matters of faith and life. (2 Timothy 3:16, Psalm 119:105)
- God. We believe that there is one God (Deuteronomy 6:4), eternally existing in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. (Matthew 3:16-17, 28:19, 2 Corinthians13:13)
- Jesus Christ. We believe that Jesus Christ is both fully God and fully human, who by His death on the cross has redeemed us. (1 Timothy 3:16, Isaiah 9:6, Colossians 1:15-20)
- The Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit’s supernatural gifts are available and operative today for all Christians. (Acts 2, 1 Corinthians 12:1-31, 14:1-25, Romans 12)
- Human Nature. We believe that human nature is sinful and is redeemed only through faith in Jesus Christ. (Romans 3:23)
- Salvation. We believe that Christ alone (Acts 4:12, John 14:6) provides salvation. This salvation is a free gift. (“grace”– Ephesians 2:8-9) We believe that one can be certain of eternal life. (“assurance”– John 5:24) We believe that we partake of this free gift of grace by faith alone (Romans 3:28, John 3:16), and thereby enter a lifelong process of change and growth. (Romans 12:2, 2 Corinthians 5:17, Galatians 2:20) The Church. We believe that we are a part of one true Church (Ephesians 4:4-6, Romans 12:5) made up of all who believe in Christ as Lord. We extend the hand of fellowship to all members of this universal Christian Church. (Romans 15:7)
- Prayer. We at Breakthrough Ministries are a people of prayer. We believe that God answers prayer and we encourage everyone to grow in prayer. (James 5:16, Matthew 18:18-20)
- Baptism and the Lord’s Supper. We believe that Jesus instituted Holy Baptism and the Lord’s Supper. We believe that God truly acts in these sacraments, and that our faith is essential for their effectiveness. (Mark 16:16, 1 Corinthians 11:29, John 3:16)
- Changed Life. We believe that becoming a Christian leads to a changed life. (2 Corinthians 5:17) We call this change “sanctification,” which is a lifelong process of growth in selfless love, humility, service, stewardship, and holiness under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Change and growth are not optional for those saved by grace. (James 2:17, Romans 12:2) Because a good tree bears good fruit (Matthew 7:17-18), people justified by grace through faith act on that faith and will change and grow in Christ. (2 Peter 3:18, James 1:22, 2 Corinthians 3:18, 5:17, Ephesians 4:22-24)
Practicing our Faith:
- We believe that a full sexual relationship belongs within the boundaries of a publicly committed marriage between one man and one woman. (Genesis 2:24, Ephesians 5:31, Exodus 20:14, Romans 1:26-27)
- We believe the sanctity and defense of all human life including the unborn. (Deuteronomy 30:19, Jeremiah 1:5, Proverbs 31:8)
- We believe that we are to be proactive in peacemaking. (Ephesians 2:14, Matthew 5:9)
- We believe that Christians are to work actively to break down the barriers that divide people; especially those of race, economics, and gender. (Acts 10:34-35, Galatians 3:28). We do not believe that these distinctions will matter in heaven and believe that the church on earth should begin to mirror this eventual reality. (Matthew 6:10)
God has given us a Biblical vision of accomplishing our purpose, mission, and strategy to reaching the lost and making disciples. It is the way Jesus did it and what He taught His disciples, and it is what we are doing.
Breakthrough is an organization of compassion that is led to minister to the homeless as well as people afflicted by extreme poverty. But not exclusively, as we know the lost exist in every segment of society. Regardless of where they might be, as led by the Holy Spirit, we search for people of peace who feel hopeless in their circumstances, and have nobody to turn to for help. Often times we find them lost, scared, lonely, hurting, and in desperate need of encouragement. Most are in Spiritual Darkness, not knowing or experiencing the love and forgiveness Jesus wants them to have. As we get to know them, we build relationship and naturally provide the most important human need – love. Love opens the door for them to discover God and as they do, God begins to reveal to them their destiny as His son or daughter. They become part of our family, and more importantly part of God’s family as they learn what it means to follow Jesus and become His disciple. And guess what? They join the team and do what they were taught – the Kingdom expands.
Our purpose is to advance the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the ends of the earth
Acts 1:8 (NLT)
Our Mission is The Great Commission
Matthew 28: 18-20 (NLT)
Our strategy is obedience to the Lord through the Holy Spirit who leads us.
In the passage of Luke 10: 1-12, Jesus defines His strategy for HOW to live out our purpose so that we can complete our mission here on earth.
There is so much to this passage, but to summarize;
Jesus is stirring in the lost, those whom He has chosen to be part of His Kingdom. We call them People of Peace. Understanding our purpose and mission is critical if we have any hope to reach them. Obedience is the critical component as we are sent by the Lord and led by the Holy Spirit to share His love and message of Hope to the lost. Not only for their sake, but for the sake of others as well. The Kingdom of God will expand through People of Peace who have access to people, groups, and cultures that we don’t. If we are to be effective, we must deploy the strategy that Jesus has given us found in Luke 10 as well as the Gospels.
Click on this link to read Luke 10: 1-12 (NLT)
Our goal is replication
We have experienced Breakthrough! We have seen the Kingdom of God expand as we have lived out our purpose, mission, and strategy. Our goal of replication will be accomplished through the process of building both vertical relationship with the Father as well as horizontal relationships with people of peace. This is the process of discipleship which includes equipping, training, and sending followers of Jesus into the fields of harvest. This completes the circle and the process starts over.